Guest Post Guidelines and Suggestions for PoorManBlogger.com
Thank You for Your Interest in Writing a Guest Post for PoorManBlogger.com
I am looking for guest posts that present new ideas, fresh perspectives, and innovative approaches to help Bloggers and Internet Marketers succeed in business.
Posts that will work best for this site are relevant to my overall topic – Blogging – to Include: Personal Development, eMail & Internet Marketing along with Social Media Marketing.
Subjects/Topics That I Am Particularly Interested In (But Not Limited To):
- Blogging Tips & Tricks
- Business Branding
- Affiliate Marketing
- Attraction Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (all Social Media Platforms)
- Personal Development
Requirements for Your Guest Post:
- Your article must not infringe copyright laws, either in terms of text or images
- Article must be written in English and be Original copy
- Structure your posts into paragraphs with Headings and Subtitles
- Please don’t use affiliate links in your articles.
- Write with the reader in mind, not the search engine.
- You will need to respond to comments for your article (when a comment is received, the notification of the comment will be sent to your email address).
Header Tags to Outline & Highlight your Page’s Content!
Writing for the Web…
There have been studies that show that the majority of Internet readers will usually SKIM Web articles.
On a similar subject of Headlines, I would like to encourage you to use Header tags within your article to outline your content which will help keep the reader’s interested.
The Header tag will also serve as an indicator to the level of importance of each section of your article. These HTML header tags, denoted as h1, h2, h3, h4 etc., are an easy way to format your text and organize your page’s structure.
NOTE: The H1 Tag is only to be used once in an POST and is already used by Default as the Headline/Title of your Post – Do Not use an H1 Tag in Your Article’s Content.
The h1 header tag will ultimately be the most responsible reason for a person to visit your article. The h2 header tag will be for subjects that are sub-sections of the h1. The h3 for sub-sections of the h2 tag and so on!
The Search-engine ranking algorithms will place some emphasis on text enclosed with-in bold, italic and underlining, but Header tags will place a greater importance, not only for the reader, but for the search engines – determining where pages should be ranked for those terms.
Your Article’s Content
Following up on the subject of Internet readers being Skimmers… it has been determined that readers will have an easier time reading your article if the paragraphs are not in large blocks of content.
In other words, break up your paragraphs with 4 lines of content or less ~ Less is More!
Although I would prefer 1200 to 2000 words for a post, your article should be as long as need-be in order to convey your message. Yes, length is important, but quality trumps quantity, so stick to your own style and voice, and choose the length that suits your article.
NOTE: FACTs to Consider for Your Article – SEO statistics say that posts greater than 1500 words in length will usually receive greater Search Engine Visibility. Statistics also state that your article is more likely to be shared on Social Media if it is around 2000 words.
As you can see on this blog, I love to include images. I find that articles with multiple images gain more attention than posts with only 1 or 2.
NOTE: As a Contributor, by default, WordPress does not allow the uploading of images to the database, so once you have been given access, you can send a separate email with the image(s) you intend to use along with simple placement instructions (where to attach the images) for the article you have submitted for approval.
- Your Featured Image is to be a Minimum of 800px in Width – Recommended width is 800 to 1000px in width and must be compressed for the Web (larger images will be cropped).
- It is up to you to ensure that all images you use Do NOT infringe on copyright law.
Adding Your Article to the ‘Add New Post’ – Edit Box – I M P O R T A N T !
* * If you are copying your article from a WORD document or other editing software, follow the instructions below:
– Highlight and copy your article, then paste it into the WordPress ‘Add New Post‘ box using the ‘Text‘ tab (the inline code that changes the Look and Feel of this website, from your Word document or other software, will not be transferred into the article.)
– Once you have Pasted your article into the Post box, you can then click on the ‘Visual‘ Tab and continue editing your article.
– – – –
Articles that appear on PoorManBlogger.com may be edited for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, proper tags and sentence structure if necessary.
Don’t be offended by this, I am just trying to make each and every article published on this site to be of the highest caliber, and as successful as possible.
Links to Your Blog…
If it’s relevant to the topic you’re writing about, you’re welcome to link back to your blog within the post. Keep in mind that relevancy is very important.
If I feel that your post includes too many links back to your own blog, I may remove them, or reject the article.
I don’t mind promoting you, but subtlety often works best. A high-quality, informative article will get more people checking out who you are more effectively than a large amount of links back to your site.
Social Participation (Comments)
* I recommend that you add an Article Related Question at the end of your Post to encourage Social Participation/Interaction… Here is an Example below.
I will add the script to your post that will make your question stand out in the Orange color… YOU just need to provide the question.
Credit to You
You’ve worked hard to give my readers great content, so let me help promote you. You will have the opportunity to write a byline with information about yourself that will be at the end of your written article in an ‘Author Bio’ box.
This byline should be 1 or 2 sentences explaining who you are and what you do, which can also include up to 2 links.
– Add your Author information in the ‘Biographical Info‘ box in your User Profile area once you gain access as a Contributor, and the information will connect automatically to your post once it’s published.
Once Your Article is Published
It is expected that you will promote your brilliant masterpiece to your social media accounts – and email it to your list of subscribers if you have one.
It is also expected that you will respond to any comments left for you in a timely manner.
What You Need to Do to Submit a Guest Post
Contact me using the form below… include a topic you’d like to write about, along with an example headline. If you’ve written other guest posts, I would love to read them. Add the links to a couple of your articles in the form below.
If I feel that you can be a contributor to this blog, I will contact you with further information, using the email that you provide in the form.
Once You’ve Been Accepted:
- You will have access as a Contributor to submit your article(s).
- You can add any relevant information, including your Biographical Info, via the link ‘Your Profile’.
- Once you have completed writing your article, you will then click the ‘Submit for Review‘ button.
- Be sure to send a separate email with the image(s) you intend to use along with simple placement instructions (where to attach the images).
- Once I review the article that you have written, I will then contact you to let you know the Date and Time it will be published.
Thank You for considering to write for PoorManBlogger.com