Top 10 Social Media Networking Sites to Improve Your Website’s Exposure
Benefits of Social Media Networks!
Social Media Networks are one of the greatest benefits of SEO for promoting your writing brilliance. With the Google Panda Update, one of the many factors that Google is looking for is social approval.
If you are like any other online business on the planet, you have a Facebook account for your small or large business… how many websites have you learned from by connecting through the Facebook newsfeed or reading a person’s profile… I’m sure more than you can count.
Considering that the search engines are spying on the top social networking sites; the same strategies that you apply in the Optimizing of your blog content information, you should be applying for the social media networking sites.
Optimizing your social media information with proper, relevant keywords are still a factor and a secret to making it all work. Make sure that the information you send to the social media sites lead back to quality content that is relevant, useful and optimized with keywords.
If you have an interest in promoting your content through the social networking world, below are some of the most popular, and also rising social media sites to start with. These social media networks are often used by SEO companies for the promoting of their services, but also used by Online Business Professionals alike.
1. Let’s start with Facebook – Need I say any more… OK, for those who don’t know, Facebook is a social media networking site intended to connect friends, family, and business associates.
2. Twitter – Twitter is an information network. Millions of people, organizations, and businesses use it to discover and share new information. Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service that allows you answer the question, “What are you doing?” by sending short text messages 140 characters in length, called “Tweets”, to your friends or followers.
3. LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 120 million members and growing rapidly. LinkedIn connects you to your trusted contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals.
4. Google + – Launched on June 28, 2011, Google Plus is a social networking and identity service, operated by Google Inc. Google Plus is vastly becoming one of the most popular and best social networking websites on the Internet.
5. Digg – Digg is a website that allows the user to share content by submitting their writing brilliance along with links. This allows voting and commenting on the submitted content by those that frequent the website… what SEO enthusiasts call “Diggable”.
6. StumbleUpon – StumbleUpon is a discovery engine that finds the best of the web, recommended just for you… it is an Internet community that will allow the user to stumble upon and rate Web pages… this include photos and videos.
7. FriendFeed – is a real-time Web service feed aggregator that consolidates the updates from social media and social networking websites, social bookmarking websites, blogs and micro-blogging updates, as well as any other type of RSS/ Atom feeds. FriendFeed will also allow you to subscribe to other business owners streams of information.
8. Empire Avenue – Expand your network with Empire Avenue… this is the fastest and most effective way to expand, engage and evaluate your social networks. You can build your Empire and earn virtual currency by doing social media things across the web. You’ll not only expand your network, but you’ll drive engagement to your web properties and have fun while you’re at it.
9. YouTube – currently ranked 3rd on the Alexa Traffic Ranking, YouTube is a video sharing website where users can upload, view, and share video clips.
10. Reddit – a social media network to where the registered users submit content, in the form of either a link or a text “self” post. Votes promote stories to the front page.
Closing Comments about Social Media Networking!
More and more business’ are harnessing the power of the social media networks to the point that many large companies have been developing procedures to manage this social media networking phenomenon as a promoting platform.
There are many benefits of social media networking, so it should be in your best interest to learn how to use the variety of promotional social media networking platforms available to you, to give you that Social Media edge and approval which many search engines are keeping an eye out for.